5 Ways to Make a Client Yours
Increase your VQ (Valentine’s Quotient) by applying these 5 strategies to your brand. By making your clients more meaningful to you, you will become more meaningful to them. They will be less inclined to “shop around” or balk at your prices.
- Tip #1. Shine the spotlight on your client~ Stop talking about yourself, and make it a priority to put the focus on her. When she calls or stops by your studio, greet her warmly and give her acknowledgment.
- Tip #2. Ask meaningful questions regarding her preferences and needs~ What is her desired outcome? Don’t jump to conclusions by envisioning the perfect plan until you’ve asked relevant questions.
- Tip#3. Stay in Touch~ Let your client know that you haven’t forgotten her, and that you are there every step of the way for current and future projects. Send her a note, give her a call, or have your assistant or VA do it for you. And always let her know if there is going to be a delay with any orders she places.
- Tip #4. Create an agenda to meet your client’s needs~ If she can’t implement everything you recommend, create a plan to work from that she can handle. She will see the big picture and be able to faithfully take steps in the right direction.
- Tip #5. Under-promise and over deliver~ Set clear boundaries so you can meet your obligations; then you will have time and resources to go the extra mile when you’re done.
- Bonus Tip: Delight your client with a special bonus, as a gesture of appreciation for her business, and a way to keep her feeling so glad she chose to work with you.
Want to use this article on your own blog, website or newsletter? You can, as long as you include the following citation and link below at the end of the article:
About the author: Cheryl Craig is a marketing muse who helps solo-entrepreneurs who struggle with marketing or promoting their businesses. What separates her services from that of other marketing experts is that she helps her clients create a resonance with their ideal prospects by enchanting their marketing with the beauty and power of a magnetic brand.